Silkroad-R, the sequel and spiritual successor to the original Silkroad Online MMO, recently began its open beta test (OBT) on December 20 and has met with a good response from players and is now adding an additional server, Gobi, to keep up with the demand of more and more players playing the free MMO.
The events and giveaways include:
Period: Dec. 20, 2011 – Jan. 17, 2012 (4 weeks)
- Event 1. Once a day! Play bingo and receive gifts!
- Bonus! 30 people who participate in the bingo event will be drawn for an ‘E-Coupon $10 (100 Silk).’
- Event 2. Once a day! Receive a growth support buff and enjoy fast level up! EXP/SP 100% Increase (continued for 5 hours) Buff is provided to all users who connect to Silkroad R and talk to the NPC So-Ok.
- Event 3. Take on the challenge! Level up! Connect to Silkroad R and make your character grow. You receive a special gift from the NPC every time you reach a certain level.
- Event 4. Take part in the review & survey and receive gifts!
One major concern of players of any massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) is the presence of bots. Silkroad-R implements several new in-game strategies that have either eliminated or greatly reduced the presence of even the most sophisticated bot programs. In addition, Joymax has built the security and network platform in Silkroad-R from the ground-up to ensure that players are protected from in-game attacks and have a clean and safe environment to play. However, in the unlikely event that a bot does enter the system, Joymax has also implemented several polices that effectively remove the main incentives for players to turn to botting.
“Joymax’s main mission for 2011 was to find an answer to the two questions, ‘What do our players want?’, and ‘How can we give it to them?’” said Joymax CEO, Nam-chul Kim. ‘But to quote a line from the movie the Matrix, ‘There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. ‘Silkroad-R is our attempt at walking the path. It incorporates all of the most wanted player requests, from faster level-ups, less bots, and a cleaner UI to improved character balance.”